Japan. The land of fascinating…packaging

Japan has long been known to be a country of innovation. Some of the coolest gadgets in the world come from Japan but Japan’s “coolness” is not limited to technology. There are other items that can be tagged with this descriptor. Such is the case of packaging…YES, packaging…as in “I’m sending something in the mail so I need a box” packaging. This morning (as I was doing my usual morning web-browsing at work) I found this off-beat article in one of favorite design site: 1st Web Designer. These packages follow a Japanese design style called “kawaii” (which means cute or cuteness in Japanese かわいい), and has been prominent since the 1970’s. I leave you now with some displays of kawaii packaging.

[via 1stWebDesigner.com]


kudamemo-fruit-shaped-sticky-notesfukasawa-brilliant-packaging-design-fruit-boxes319 banana-packaging-brilliant-design119
   

0 comments: