New York City From Above


Above Manhattan. Midtown skyscrapers and rooftops. Empire State Building view.
(via Flickr)



Camera: Sony a77 | Lens: Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* DT 16-80 F3.5-4.5 --- When you view New York City from above, it's hard not to get caught up in the heady-rush that almost instantaneously occurs the moment your eyes attempt to account for the grandiose sense of scale of the city. How do you make sense of that split second that your heart beats in time to the rhythm of the streets below? How do you keep your feet on the ground while your soul attempts to soar above and throughout the city, swooping between the cavernous buildings? New York City is a study in contradictions and confirmations. It's a city that either inspires flight or plants you firmly in its primordial schist formations like the endless skyscrapers that rise up from such depths. --- This was taken on an impossibly beautiful summer afternoon. The view is from the top of the Empire State Building looking down at the streets and skyscrapers of midtown. This spot is one of my favorite views from above in midtown. -- View more of my New York City photography at my website NY Through The Lens. View my photography profile on Google Plus: New York City photography by Vivienne Gucwa To purchase any of my work view my site gallery for info here. To use any of my photos commercially, feel free to contact me via email at photos@nythroughthelens.com

0 comments: